Hi & Welcome to VladRomanov.com
As you have probably guessed, I’m Vlad and the main writer on this site.
I’m an engineer by profession and an educator by heart. Whether it is on the job, outside or online, I get the most satisfaction out of helping people overcome their problems.
More specifically, I’m an electrical engineer with 5 years of manufacturing and automation experience. I am very involved in the electrical hardware and software systems at different manufacturing plants. I’ve worked and lead projects of up to $20 mil. In terms of technology, I’m mostly focused on PLC (Rockwell), HMI and Network programming. The tools I use the most are RSLogix, FactoryTalk, Cognex In-Sight and everything related to them.
Outside of work, I’ve been building my online presence in many different ways. The most successful venture of mine remains a technical channel (Link: EEEnthusiast) on which I was able to teach people all over the world the exciting world of hobbyist electronics. I wrote and presented tutorials focused on the Arduino, RaspberryPi, FPGA and several other platforms.
Over the years, I built an incredible amount of websites. Many of these are still operating today. Through these ventures, I learned what worked and what didn’t. I experimented a lot due to the fact that I didn’t have a reliable mentor. Furthermore, I took very systematic approaches due to my engineering background which leads me to absorb a lot of data over the years.
Today, my goal is to share as much information on a variety of topics: engineering, internet marketing, controls and much more.
Make sure to say hi and welcome to the website!
A lot has happened since the last update. I’ve gone through several jobs, a Techstars internship and ended up at Kraft Heinz as a Project Engineer.
My primary focus at work is to improve the current control systems and deliver a higher reliability to the site. I’m responsible for anything that has to do with hardware & software on site. I’m also quite involved in some of the mechanical aspects as the business unit is primarily focused on packaging.
In terms of platforms, I’m touching primarily RSLogix 5000, 500 & 5 as well as FactoryTalk 8, 7 & 6. I’m working with DeviceNet, ControlNet & EtherNet protocols. Other than that, there’s a lot of diversity when it comes to actual control systems. I work with motion, sensors, vision (Cognex) & more.
Completed “The Complete Web Developer Course”
List of topics:
- APIs – Built a website which extracts tweets and displays them through the Twitter API
- MySQL – Built a blog website
- PHP – Built a contact form
- Bootstrap – Built a mobile friendly landing page
- jQuery – Built an AJAX code player
- CSS – Built several landing pages
Hello and welcome to my site,
As you have probably noticed, my name is Vladimir Romanov and this website is dedicated to the documentation of my journey as a Professional Engineer. Currently, as of February 18th 2013, I am still a student at Concordia University in the Electrical Engineering program with the “Power and Renewable Energy” option.
I am passionate about what I do and hope that my projects as well as my extra curricular activities can convince you of my extensive involvement in this field. I am an extremely versatile person and believe that my degree has taught me far more than simple technical skills. It has shown me that no matter what the project is, no matter how difficult it may seem at the beginning, everything can be achieved provided that enough effort is put in. In other words, no matter what the problem or challenge is, I should be able to complete it given sufficient time! (And funds of course!)
If you are still wondering about what exactly I accomplished during my last few years at Concordia University, I made a list of all the courses which you can see below.
Full Description of each course: Click Here!
- MARK 201 Introduction to Marketing (Elective Course)
- ENGR 392 Impact of Technology on Society
- ENGR 391 Numerical Methods in Engineering
- ENGR 371 Probability and Statistics in Engineering
- ENGR 301 Engineering Management Principles and Economics
- ENGR 233 Applied Advanced Calculus
- ENGR 213 Applied Ordinary Differential Equations
- ENGR 202 Sustainable Development and Environmental Stewardship
- ENGR 201 Professional Practice and Responsibility
- ENCS 282 Technical Writing and Communication
- ELEC 275 Principles of Electrical Engineering
Electrical Engineering Core
- ELEC 490 Capstone Electrical Engineering Design Project
- ELEC 390 Electrical Engineering Team Design Project
- ELEC 372 Fundamentals of Control Systems
- ELEC 370 Modelling and Analysis of Physical Systems
- ELEC 365 Complex Variables and Partial Differential Equations
- ELEC 364 Signals and Systems II
- ELEC 363 Fundamentals of Telecommunications Systems
- ELEC 351 Electromagnetic Waves and Guiding Structures
- ELEC 331 Fundamentals of Electrical Power Engineering
- ELEC 321 Introduction to Semiconductor Materials and Devices
- ELEC 311 Electronics I
- ELEC 264 Signals and Systems I
- ELEC 251 Fundamentals of Applied Electromagnetics
- COEN 312 Digital Systems Design I
- COEN 311 Computer Organization and Software
- COEN 243 Programming Methodology I
- COEN 231 Introduction to Discrete Mathematics
Power and Renewable Energy Electives
- ELEC 442 Digital Signal Processing
- ELEC 481 Linear Systems
- ELEC 440 Controlled Electric Drives
- ELEC 437 Renewable Energy Systems
- ELEC 433 Power Electronics
- COEN 315 Digital Electronics
- ELEC 463 Telecommunication Networks
- ELEC 462 Digital Communications
- COEN 352 Data Structures and Algorithms